Okay, dudes, now that we know WHAT the jewel could be, we need your help figuring out HOW to get our hands on it. It’s going to be heavily guarded, wherever it is. Some of the jewels you mentioned have been stolen before. Can you find out a little bit about those thefts? Like, do we need to go buy grappling hooks or invest in some nanotechno electronics? And should we be worried about curses, like the one supposedly on the Hope Diamond?
Anything you come up with could help us out!
Posted at: 1:16 pm on May 10, 2012
309 people like this post.
You should replace it with a fake jewel....
Posted at: 12:26 pm on July 16, 2012
Ok, how you do it, is you have a really good fake to replace it with. You need someone to pretend to be a really famous guy with tons of money on your side, so that he/she can convince the owner of the jewel to put it on display, for an auction for the rich person. Then you need to have a cute girl pretend she wants to touch it, and have her pick it up off the place where it's being displayed, but first get someone to turn off all the security precautions (the rich guy/girl has to convince the owner to only have personal security, so that when the girl takes it off the table, nothing goes off). Then have her accidentally drop it by a table or the like, where someone else should be positioned with the fake (it has to be a REALLY GOOD FAKE!!) so that when she reaches under the table to get it, the person switches them. Then you have to turn the security back on, and whala! A stolen jewel.
Posted at: 12:48 pm on July 16, 2012
Dan just use your skills. Like at the Uffizi Gallery where you waited below the third floor with your bike while Amy inked the cameras, Hamilton stole the medusa and slid it out the window. Where it fell down and you caught while the guards were busy trying to grab the fakes Jonah made. So this time try to do the same thing but its gonna be twice as hard now that the International police want you. Sinead and Ian would have to help you for you to probably be close enough to grab the painting with out peope seeing you.\
From a fellow Ekat Best of luck
Only the bravest, smartest, and stronger Cahills will survive the Vespers
Posted at: 12:50 pm on July 16, 2012
AmberAlliance20: sweat agent card!
Posted at: 2:16 pm on July 16, 2012
easy you need a destration, drill, public showing, alibi, hacker, getaway, and world event
hacker to moniter and control systems, drill for getting into the vault (If there is a vault), world event to get the public's eye, destration to get the police away, public showing to get the guards focus on the display, alibi just in case and getaway is self-explanitory
Posted at: 2:57 pm on July 16, 2012
Spend a lot of time trying to disable security cameras, and whatever other high-tech security stuff they have. Or at least disable most of it. Then create a diversion, but make sure people don't connect it to you people - to make almost everyone leave the jewel. Ninja your way to it. (I'm suggesting knock the guards or other people that stubbornly refuse to leave unconscious with some needle full of something, and haul them to some place where they won't get hurt.) After you're in, blow up part of the building (I'm assuming it's in a building?) far from you, swipe the jewel, and ninja your way out of the building like a boss. You know, one of those timed bombs, or even a bomb with remote detontator. Oh, and cover your face or something, maybe wear coloured contacts.
~Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.~
Posted at: 2:59 pm on July 16, 2012
Make a replica of the original--only broken. Place the broken replica in place of the original. When they discover it, they'll be distracted by the fact that it's broken. It will take them a while to figure out that it's a fake and the original has long since been stolen.
Posted at: 4:19 pm on July 16, 2012
1 person likes this post.
You stole a painting figure it out!
Daughter of Athena
Posted at: 4:21 pm on July 16, 2012
1 person likes this post.
dan you need to first find out what kind of security there is on the jewel. you can probably do this like you did when getting the medusa. then you can figure out what needs to be done from there. good luck.
Posted at: 4:37 pm on July 16, 2012
Aren't I beautiful mommy? ~ JTK
What's your favorite scary movie sydney? ~ The Killer
Posted at: 4:44 pm on July 16, 2012
2 people like this post.
hmm... maybe contact some friends from heist society - you know, uncommon criminals and all?
Posted at: 5:23 pm on July 16, 2012
Stealing a jewel is going to be hard..... your going to have to be very careful because all valuble items are heavily gaurded. Your plan for when you had to steal the Medusa painting was pretty good, and it worked too. Maybe you should do something similar to that plan, but different enough that no one will expect it. Well, keep us updated!!
Posted at: 6:21 pm on July 16, 2012
i know all of it easy COMPLETELY. plan
1st fyi- if u get cought the vespers will free u.
2nd branch jobs (seen below)
soooo the destaction use Johan
have sinaded make something that can brake through any glass
give them the the jubilee (it's the 1 they need i rseen the e-mail)
do they know spy gear YES. maybe they can work with the 2 make the video camra do a loop.
grab the jewel
tip- do it when the muesam is closed.
WARNING! ALERT! i read a coded vesper e-mail that i uncoded it said that in my next letter i will uncode
So manybroken heartsalong this floor.
Posted at: 6:22 pm on July 16, 2012
i sugest having a distraction in the theatre or triggering alarms in the lower exibits and some lit thermite might be useful here are the dimesions of the diamond
Length 25.60 mm
Width 21.78 mm
Depth 12.00 mm
Cushion antique brilliant with a faceted girdle and extra facets on the pavilion.
VS1. Whitish graining is present.
Fancy dark grayish-blue
Posted at: 6:26 pm on July 16, 2012
i wouldnt be the best to take advice from but....
i'd say to blow it up, then see what is left of the dimond
Posted at: 6:34 pm on July 16, 2012
i have no idea, so dont feel bad.
and dont whine, it's weird. jk
Posted at: 6:37 pm on July 16, 2012
tomas! is your answer to every thing?
Posted at: 6:40 pm on July 16, 2012
Think you can pull off something like the medusa heist again? get a bunch of fake diamonds and get agents to put them all around the building and then an agent can escape with the real diamond while then guards are still scrambling around to find those other fake diamonds.
Hope this helps
Posted at: 7:23 pm on July 16, 2012
Well, one of the best examples I think of someone stealing something famous right from under someone's noses would have to be the movie National Treasure. Observe this and you may have a chance at stealing those jewels.
Posted at: 7:41 pm on July 16, 2012
Well Dan, I would have to say the two easiest way to steal a jem would be this;
1) Go in the building and scope out the area, find any camera's security systems, and find the fastest way to the jem, and the quickest way to escape the building once the jem is stolen.
2) Get in dark clothes, and take only stuff you can fit in your pocket or a small backpack, like a swiss army knife, small crochet hook (excelent for lock picking, trust me), hair spray (for revealing lasers), night vision goggles, knock out gas (incase of emergencies), fishing line (lots of it), modeling clay, and a code breaker with a random number generator (it's what the FBI use to break into safes, it takes few seconds to break the code, but it doesn't set the alarm off). If possible sneak into the surveilance booth at this point and put a virus on the computer's, but put it on a timer so you can activate it when your ready to steal it (belive it or not you can do that). You might also want to arange your getaway vehicle as well (preferably something bullet proof). you might also need a fake jem.
3) Hide inside the building until it closes, like a bathroom or janator's closet. Just make sure it's out of the way, and if possible close to the jewel and wait until the building is closed).
4) When everyone except the security guards are gone, activate the virus, using a phone or signal, and carefully make your way to the room with the jem using night vision goggles the hair spray to avoid any lasers.
5) Depending the on the lock use the code breaker, hook, or both to open the door then sneak to where the the jem is (becareful of those alarms and trip wires), and open the case.
6) Depending on the alarm system their might be a heat sensor in the desplay case, or safe, along with a weighing scale or circut alarm (usually what the jem is sitting on). carefully use the swiss army knife, the hook, and fishing twine (or whatever it's called) to remove the jem and not break the circut and put the fake jem in it's place. (note: if there is a weight sensitive alarm, you'll have to remove the real jem and put the fake jem wherever the real jem was at the same time, like Indiana Jones did with the Idol in Raiders of the Lost Ark). Use knockout gas on guards.
7) If you made a mistake, and the alarms are going off run like hell out of their, using pepper spray and knock out on the guards, and, only if abslolutly nessesary, jump out a window near your gettaway vehicle and get out of their and pray that he/she is a good driver. If you didn't set off the alarms, then using the hair spray, go to the place you chose for your escape. If you didn't find one go to the front door, use the knockout gas on the guards and use the code breaker or hook on door and leave via the gettaway vehicle. If in a absolute hurry, simply open the door with a guard's key and open the door without using the codebreaker to turn off the alarm, and run like the crazy to the getaway vehicle.
Posted at: 8:27 pm on July 16, 2012
Option number two is simply
1) plant a whole bunch of explosives desguised a breifcases all over building, but be carful to judge the blast radius and be sure to leave your self a path to the stairs, and to the jem from your hiding place.
2) Get dark clothes, knockout gas, tazers, base jumping supplies, and hand grenades or something heavy. Also be sure to arrange for a getaway vehicle (preferably something bullet proof).
3) Hide in Janator's closet or bathroom then blow up the bombs simultaniously.
4) Use knockout gas or tazers on the guards and put them under the door, smash the display case or blow it up using the grenades and steal the jem (jems are actually quite strong and should survive the explosion), and exit the room (if the door slammed shut the gaurd's bodies should have left the door open enough for you to crawl under).
5) Run to the stairs (as you are probably being tailed) and get to the roof (at this point prepair your base jumping parachutes and packs) , and when on the roof, Jump. Activate your parichutes, and when you land, either remove parachutes, or take them with you (taking them with you would take longer, but leave nothing to trace), and get to the getaway vehicle, and hope like crazy that their a good driver. (for this senario I would recomend Eisenhower Holt).
PS. sorry it's so long, that's why I put it a two posts.
PPS. not to be a tattletail, but Ian posted a e-mail from your girlfriend Molly (the one about the Tux)
Posted at: 8:30 pm on July 16, 2012
Get a fake to replace it :D This will buy you some time to escape before they find out it's fake, or...if it's a very good fake, they won't even notice.
Looking at the way some jewels have been stolen, most of the time people just walk off with them. Even very large jewels are usually not larger than an egg, so they're easily hidden.
HOWEVER, it has been said the following mistakes have been made in the past:
Hiding it in plain sight is a very very bad idea, because people will be able to find it very easily, especially if you're not there. So either hide it very well after you have stolen it, or keep it on you person in an inconspicuos way if possible.
Don't leave anything incriminating with anything involved with the heist, so where gloves and all that [though gloves do leave glove prints and fingerprints can also go through...so wear thick gloves and discard them quickly if possible.] And don't discard anything that may have your DNA on it, destroy everything with your DNA/fingerprints/etc. involved with the heist.
And if you're stealing it for someone, give it to them as soon as possible, don't do anything silly like trying to sell it [simple way to get caught] and partying and splurging all the money. It makes you suspicious.
If you can steal it all with a remote controlled robot, that'd be cool, no fingerprints.
RANDOM QUESTION: Why doesn't the Madrigal Crest have an animal?
Posted at: 8:38 pm on July 16, 2012
Actually, Two months ago I got a Hope Diamond. ^^ I was kinda easy during the misson.
Well I already have an Hope Diamond ^^
Posted at: 8:43 pm on July 16, 2012
hi dan i have no idea what to do. i say go with what you think you should do.
I'm A Jamy And I'm Proud Of It! :)
Check Out My Story's-27764 -31048
I'm A Christian And I Love It!
I'm A Reading Freak And I Don't Care What People Think! :)
Posted at: 9:01 pm on July 16, 2012
Dan, create a distraction and then go for the prize! See if Sinead can help with any possible distracting devices.
Posted at: 10:21 pm on July 16, 2012
Okay. First thing you have to do is get a knife, a person to hack the security cameras - and possibly lasers and alarms, skills at sneaking around, someone to punch the guard or someone who can flatter the guard, soem masks and some SERIOUS lessons on stealing things.
Then, go to the place for a bit and talk to the guard who you can see has the key. Now, you need to get the key off him. This may involve: a) Wearing masks and threatening with the knife, b) Sucking up to the guard or c) Knocking out the guard. All are acceptable.
Then, you need to get someone to hack into the security cameras and disable them. After that, it's simple! Apart from the fact it may have lasers and alarms... and stuff... then you need someone to disable those too. Okay, NOW it's easy. Sneak in, get the jewel... no, wait, first you need to also get someone to make a hologram of the jewel, put the hologram machine in place so it looks like the jewel's there and voila!
How do I know this? Let's just say reading can help... a lot... and watching movies... but it's harder than it seems!
Posted at: 7:32 am on July 17, 2012
mmmm, i would make a distration. Amy could distract, you could steal.
just shove it! -amy cahill
my sister is weird
Posted at: 7:51 am on July 17, 2012
IF YOU WANT FID THAT JEWEL THAT IS STOLEN THE BEST PEOPLE IS IAN KABRA TO ATTRACT YOU TO KILL YOU AD AFTER THAT THEY WILL KILL 7 CAHILLS AND DRINK THE SERUM OR IF IT IS NOT STOLEN
ANDYOU WANT TO STEAL IT JUST AT NIGHT CLIMB THE WINDOW CLOSELY AND DON'T GET CAUGHT AD TO NOT GET CAUGHT JUST BLOCK ALL THE CAMERAS AND THE GOING HOME MAKE IT NORMAL
Hey dan in which branch you were before you became a madrigal agent
Posted at: 8:58 am on July 17, 2012
here. you and amy go inside casuly, go over to the jewel and one of you distracs the crowd and ...oh bring a big bag. put the jewel in the bag and the one with the bag walks out so no one suspects you stole it. either that or just go in with extreme guns go and say we want the jewel, gimme gimme gimme. oh and wear disguises.
Posted at: 12:36 pm on July 17, 2012
do you know if ther's an online version of the cahills vs vespers books cuz i cant get 1 from the library
dont judge a Lucian by its branch
Posted at: 3:41 pm on July 17, 2012
Why not use Jonah's fame to get to it. Then use a cubit zirconia as a replacement. Peice of cake
Posted at: 4:26 pm on July 17, 2012
just take and run
Posted at: 4:30 pm on July 17, 2012
lol but yeah cute girl should work and grapling hooks are a must as well as gloves so you dont get your fingprints everywere
Posted at: 4:37 pm on July 17, 2012
you would need a really good hacker to take out the security systems and set some decoys, and other than that its improv. some sleeping gas would be good
Posted at: 8:00 pm on July 17, 2012
use this to get your diamond and escape fast!
one roll of duct tape
a trolley from a hotel (the ones you use if you have a lot of luggage)
boxes with newspaper/packing peanuts
one box of plastic wrap
items that you would find in packages (jewelry, clothes, bags, whatever)
make sure you have a box labeled FRAGILE that contains the diamond.
also have a big bar of chocolate or something to bribe the security guards with.
where are you even hiding the diamonds? if you stay at a hotel my plan works perfect.
make sure no one sees that box, so hide it inside a box.
P.S.- to get the diamond in the first place you should wait in the bathroom and get Hamilton to knock out one of the guards who look like him or close to him and then Hamilton will let you in. also, make sure that sinead disables the alarms and shut off the security cameras. i recommend hacking into the system and using the code 8839210JHD1851
Posted at: 8:21 pm on July 17, 2012
everyone rush in and break everything and just get it.
probably not really going to work though.
Pain is not forever, it's just the matter of time.
Posted at: 9:22 pm on July 17, 2012
there are most likly to have bobby-traps there stuff like lazors,pitts of doom i have see this stuff before in my dreams you must be as flexibale as a snake, as fast as a cheeta, the balance of a crane.And much more to get the hope Dimond good luck
Posted at: 2:12 am on July 18, 2012
hey Danny, I did some research about some of the locations that all of the diamonds could be.I will give you the location when we meet ok?also,Dan I'm worried for you.please stay safe and out of trouble.tell amy I said hi.I hope I can see you soon.
love you Danny. :)
Two drifters off to see the world,there's so much world to see,we are after the same rainbows end,waitin' 'round the bend,my Huckleberry friend,Sailor and me.
Posted at: 10:04 am on July 18, 2012
Using the security camera that watches the jewel, record a time when there is no one around it. Then when you go in to steal the jewel use the recording you made earlier and somehow put it on the security screen so the guards in the security room wont see you. You will be the "invisable man". Kinda like what happened at the bank in Switzerland when you went to get the ring or in the first National Treasure movie. Then you use your awesome ninja skills to beat up the guards guarding the stone. Somehow turn off the extra security around the jewel. You grab the jewel then run for your life. The entire time the guards in the security room won't see a thing. I'm no Ekat, but I think it might work. Just don't ask me how to do it. ~Kate
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy marshmallows, which are pretty much the same thing.
Posted at: 12:44 pm on July 18, 2012